Public and club tracks
There are both PUBLIC family orientated motorcycle tracks and a CLUB owned and operated Motocross Track. Please check the Alerts Page for any closure updates.
Public Tracks - CURRENTLY CLOSED
Please note: All of the public motorcycle tracks are now closed for maintenance. They will remain closed for up to 6 weeks, possibly longer depending on the weather. Please do not attempt to use the tracks while they are closed, for your safety and that of the Contractors. We will keep you updated on the progress. You can look forward to freshly groomed tracks and a brand new section!
Please remember your safety gear, under 12's on small 2 wheel bikes in the kids tracks and only 2 wheel bikes on the other tracks. There is currently no charge to use the public tracks.
For track status and event details for the Club Motocross Track, please contact The Tauranga Motorcycle Club
Further information regarding the Public Motorcycle Tracks:
- Kids Learner Track - Short track near car park
- Beginners Loop - Small beginners track
- Fang It - Generally closed during summer but generally open during winter, to allow a shorter practice track, when the larger tracks are closed.
- Short Cut - Midway through the Main Track
- Cliff Track - Short cut to do another loop of the Main Track.
- Main Track - 5 km track for advanced riders
- Relapse - Slow down to 5 km - end of tracks, leading to the car park
Club Motocross Track Detail:
The Tauranga Motorcycle Club built and mange the motocross track, which was opened in February 2015. For track status and event details for the Club Motocross Track, please contact The Tauranga Motorcycle Club