Public and club tracks
There are both PUBLIC family orientated motorcycle tracks and a CLUB owned and operated Motocross Track. Please visit the Alerts page to see if there are any current PUBLIC track closures.
Public Tracks - Currently OPEN UNTIL MONDAY
PLEASE NOTE: The public motorcycle tracks are currently open but the main tracks will be closing for several weeks, at the end of this coming weekend (last day open will be Sunday 11 October). Our neighbours will commence tree harvesting next to the public motorcycle tracks, so the main tracks will be closed for your safety and that of the forestry crew.
The kid's track will remain open but only if people respect the rules around its use, i.e. Under 12's on small 2 wheel bikes only.
Sorry to have to do this just as the weather's improving but the timing of this work is completely out of the hands of Park Staff. The tracks will re-open as soon as it's safe to do so. Please remember your safety gear.
There is currently no charge to use the public tracks.
Further information regarding the Public Motorcycle Tracks:
- Kids Learner Track - Short track near car park
- Beginners Loop - Small beginners track
- Fang It - Generally closed during summer but generally open during winter, to allow a shorter practice track, when the larger tracks are closed.
- Short Cut - Midway through the Main Track
- Cliff Track - Short cut to do another loop of the Main Track.
- Main Track - 5 km track for advanced riders
- Relapse - Slow down to 5 km - end of tracks, leading to the car park
Club Motocross Track Detail:
The Tauranga Motorcycle Club built and mange the motocross track, which was opened in February 2015. For track status and event details for the Club Motorcross Track, please contact The Tauranga Motorcycle Club